Saturday, September 22

My homework for this weekend...

Write a poem each verse beginning: If I had fins, I would...


Fins…

If I had fins I would... taste the blood red liquid that gushes out of wounded fish which tastes like salty wine.

If I had fins I would... feel the rough rusty surface with my belly, of a treasure chest which is filled with gold coins as bright as the most shining sun.

If I had fins I would… smell the salty whiff of the sea wafting through my gills with a scent similar to salty chips.

If I had fins I would… hear the sound of the sword fish fighting, the schools of fish screaming out bubbles, altogether sounding like a popular fair.

If I had fins I would… see bubbles flying every where, fishes chasing each other and sharks dining on dolphin as if it were their favourite meal.

If I had fins I would…dream of clear sparkling water, forest of dark green coral and shining coins glistening in the light breaking through the surface.

BY MATTHEW STAINSBY

No comments: